Vision, Mission, & Implementation Statement
Individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities are equal to all persons and enjoy basic human rights, among the life, freedom, and the pursuit of happiness. They have choices about where they live, work, learn, play, pursue their spiritual beliefs, are respected and receive the supports they need.
The mission of the Council is to empower, advocate, and support Individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities statewide to control their own destiny and determine the quality of life they desire.
To that end, the Council will:
- Work for self-determination and equal access under the law.
- Advocate for systems change and social justice.
- Provide information, education, and planning.
- Serve as conscience/monitor of the State.
- Promote and model best practices.