Vision, Mission, & Implementation Statement
People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities are treated equal to all persons and enjoy fundamental human rights, among them life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. They have choices about where they live, work, play, and pursue their spiritual beliefs, and they receive the supports they need to do so.
The mission of the Council is to support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities to control their own destiny and determine the quality of life they desire.
To that end, the Council will:
- Work for self-determination and equal access under the law.
- Advocate for systems change and social justice.
- Provide information, education, and planning.
- Serve as conscience/monitor of the State.
- Promote and model best practices.