Self-Advocacy Advisory Council
Self-advocates have the supports needed to build a statewide self-advocacy network that helps individuals have the life they want through leadership, education, and full participation in the community.
- Maintaining over 200 members statewide and providing funds and staff resources to support the Hawaii Self-Advocacy Advisory Council.
- Continuing to hold monthly meetings and train-the-trainer events; “All about My Empowerment”.
- Supporting self-advocates to join community groups and boards, promoting “Nothing About Me Without Me.”
- Supporting the self-advocates to be self-employed by being Feeling Safe Being Safe trainings, teaching public and private agencies, offices, schools on the importance of emergency preparedness.
- Collaborating with the Developmental Disabilities Network Partners to provide leadership training, education, skill building, and assistance in helping self-advocates to develop partnerships with other organizations and advocacy groups that represent a range of diverse cultures and disabilities.
Areas of Emphasis: Quality Assurance; Education and Early Intervention; Health; Employment; Transportation; Recreation; Formal and Informal Employment
- Supporting and Education Communities
- Interagency Collaboration and Coordination
- Coordination with Related Councils
- Committees and Programs
- Informing Policymakers
Time: 9:00 am – 10:00 am
Meeting ID: 881 0742 0077
- August 18, 2022
- September 15, 2022
- October 20, 2022
- November 17, 2022
- December 15, 2022
- January 19, 2023
- February 16, 2023
- March 17, 2023
- April 17, 2023
- May 18, 2023
- June 15, 2023