Public Awareness, Education, & Training Committee (PAET)
The Public Awareness, Education & Training Committee addresses activities in the State Plan to address the goal:
Individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families educate their communities about intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Creating public awareness campaign to promote Developmental Disabilities and Disability Employment Awareness month, as well as Developmental Disabilities related issues and concerns with legislators during yearly Day at the Capitol Event.
- Educating business and community members about what Developmental Disabilities are.
- Facilitating a working group to improve the intake process for Developmental Disabilities Division and develop informational fact sheets for the public about services for all individuals with DD.
- Encouraging Self-advocates to support initiatives that were important to their communities such as putting in crosswalk signals.
- Updating our web sites for the Council and SAAC including current agendas, minutes, and calendars.
Areas of Emphasis: Education and Early Intervention; Child Care; Health; Housing; Transportation; Formal and Informal Community Supports
- Supporting and Educating Communities
- Interagency Collaboration and Coordination
- Coordination with Related Councils
- Committees and Programs
- Coalition Development and Citizen Participation
- Informing Policymakers