Health & Children & Youth Committee (HCYC)
The Health & Children & Youth Committee addresses activities in the State Plan to address the goal that:
Parents and family members with children, 3-5 years of age, who are at risk for developmental delays or who have intellectual and developmental disabilities will have timely access to standardized developmental screening, appropriate services, and supports.
- Continuing work to initiate universal screening tools across the State to increase early intervention strategies. Early detection and treatment can prevent long term disabilities.
- Helping to improve the outreach of the Assistive Technology Resource Center to provide devices to toddlers to help with their communication needs rather than purchasing expensive communication devices through Medicaid or other insurance carriers.
- Creating resource mapping throughout each county on resources for early intervention and screenings.
- Educating legislatures and community members on the need to improve oral health for children and adults.
- Co-Sponsoring Special Parent Information Network conference which had over 500 attendees on support s er vices to individuals with DD, transition services, and networking.
Areas of Emphasis: Quality Assurance; Education and Early Intervention; Child Care; Formal and Informal Community Supports
- Supporting and Educating Communities
- Interagency Collaboration and Coordination
- Coordination with Related Councils
- Committees and Programs
- Resource Mapping