Community Supports & Transition Committee
The Community Supports & Transition Committee addresses activities in the State Plan to address the goal: To increase the number of adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities to love where they live by promoting and enhancing community-based supports and services.
- Enhancing residential placements and options within communities where individuals with DD were raised and avoiding the placement of individuals with developmental disabilities into institutions.
- Creating surveys to find out what residential options are working best for adults with developmental disabilities and what is needed, statewide.
- Continuing to work with County transportation coordinators statewide to assure bus routes and other modes of transportation are meeting the needs of individuals with developmental disabilities so they can utilize generic services to access their community.
- Promoting collaboration with agencies to provide civic engagement training for individuals with developmental disabilities and their supporters.
- Educating Legislators, City and County Council members, Mayors and other policy makers about transportation and housing needs of individuals with disabilities.
- Technical Assistance
- Supporting and Educating Communities
- Interagency Collaboration and Coordination
- Coordination with Related Councils
- Committees and Programs
- System Design and Redesign
- Coalition Development and Citizen Participation
- Informing Policymakers
Time: 12:45 pm – 2:15 pm
Meeting ID: 994 491 950
- August 8, 2022
- October 10, 2022
- December 12, 2022
- February 13, 2023
- April 10, 2023
- June meeting falls on King Kamehameha Day (State Holiday); Date TBD
- October 9, 2023